Commissioned - Framily (2 windows) & Interview


I recently had the pleasure of working with someone on a new concept this week. A combined effort, creating a one of... well two of a kind piece of art for friends, that consider the others family... that's where you get the word FRAMILY.

There are 2 sons and 2 daughters in both families, with 2 parents, making the combined number of people in their framily 12. We wanted to include 12 in the painting somehow so we thought 12 leaves would be a good choice.

Since they are environmentalists they wanted to incorporate nature or biology and life somehow into their pieces. The first idea was to combine their two last names together "Hasetucci" and have the word "framily" both in the picture, but that deemed to be too much.

Deciding upon the font to use wasn't very hard either, once we figured out which one to use, we were sticking to it. I think they liked it because, the heart.




Choosing the color scheme was fun too, she wanted a 4 color gradiant of Orange, Flourescent Yellow, Ocean Side Blue, and Plumb (eggplant was too hard to find, I don't think it's in a can yet, so idea people get your pens out and write that one down).

So I got to work and stenciled up the back of the windows. Preparing them for my razor!


Here's what one looked like right after I painted the stencil on the reverse side of the window, that is why the word is backwards.... At this point I also made sure of any markings or paint that had gotten in places it shouldn't be or are not in line or might not even be there at all... all the fixing takes place.


This is what the reverse side looks like when I'm done painting it.


And this is how they turned out ! Pretty frantastic if you ask me !!!



INTERVIEW WITH AMY BARTUCCI

Name: Amy Bartucci

Living: Stay at Home Mom of Four

What drew your attention to this style first: I love adding color to our home!  We have low ceilings and unfortunately not a lot of natural light shining through ourwindows, so seeing lots of color really makes me happy.

How do you feel about re-purposing vintage or old discarded things: I love that we're using windows that were left over from the remodeling of this old house we bought!  We have art pieces in two of our family rooms that are painted on old shipping pallets from a great artist friend too.

Does this piece bring back old memories or have special meaning:  The pieces are symbolic of a really close relationship we have with our best friends, fruzzins, framily, etc.  They moved to St Louis 2 years ago and we will have one at our house and they will have one for their home.

Is this your first piece of art you've bought: We love art from local artists!  We have custom pieces all over our house.  

Do you have a particular taste in art: I'd say we like a variety of painting styles. 

Did this leave an new impression on you: I can't wait to hang it in my  house, I will let you know!

How did the experience of commissioning art leave you feeling: I liked working with you because you were almost as excited about the piece as I was!  It's great to have modern technologies available these days like camera phones and digital software tools that allow for mock renditions of what the art will look like.  

-Thank You!

Comments